Sunday, April 5, 2009

Week 34

Today I'm officially 34 weeks and 2 days. I'm feeling really well. Thankfully still sleeping well!!!!! Gestational diabetes has been a rollercoaster. I changed up some things and it is seeming to work. The hardest part for me is in the morning when I test my sugar after not eating all night. Sometimes it's high, sometimes it's low. I'm not sure why it is fluxuating because I eat the same thing each night. Pray for me that we can figure it out before they put me on night time insulin. It can be very discouraging since I don't know what is controlling it and I'm doing everything I know how to do.

We had our work shower which was awesome. Since then, we've had 2 other showers, with one more to go! On March 28th Mom threw us a shower in Richmond at our old church for the Waters family and some friends from the church. We had a wonderful turn out and could hardly see out the back window on the way home. Yesterday we had our shower given by our Sunday School girls here. It was great. I loved being able to visit with them- I hadn't seen them in several weeks. We have another shower this coming weekend in Winston given by the Drakes side. We've already been so blessed by everyone's generosity. We have more clothes for this child than the two of us put together, and then probably some. the nursery is almost together. We're still researching strollers and car seats....so much to think about.

After this coming weekend, we are locking ourselves in our apartment- I feel like we've barely seen each other. We are not going anywhere!!!!!! We are going to use that time to just sit and enjoy our last few weeks of just the two of us!!!! Each day that passes I feel both more ready and more scared to welcome this child in our lives.

We go to the doctor again this Thursday afternoon. I'm desperate to find out how big he is and see how GD is affecting him. We will keep you posted!

Love to everyone. Can't wait to share some photos of the little man in a few weeks!!!!!

1 comment:

My Open Nest said...

How exciting to be so close to meeting your little man. I can just hear your voice as you write and hear the anticipation. Praying for all to go smoothly these next few weeks. Love ya!