Friday, March 20, 2009

The latest

Today I am officially 32 weeks along, which is very scary. this seems like time is just flying by. I have a lot to write about this morning. I had a great time with my sisters- it was wonderful to see them and hang out with them for several days. They were very helpful in preparing some meals for when I'm on maternity leave! Ali took some gorgeous maternity pictures of us- go to www.alisongibbonsphotography.com, click on proofs then Jon and Leslie's Maternity. We are so pleased with them. It was sad to see them go, but I think we needed it because none of us slept right the whole time they were here. Ali brought Mark, who was a doll. We spoiled that kid rotten. They came to our work shower on the 9th, where we got a ton of awesome things. All of it is put away in the nursery....not sure what we're going to do with all the other things we're going to get. Ali brought us more clothes that Mark has outgrown so now little JMD is set for the first 9 months of his life. In the meantime, I had to go back and take my second glucose test, which came back positive. So I officially have gestational diabetes, but it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Jonathan is doing it with me, which is a great help. We had both been wanting the motivation to get our weight under control, and this is it. Work is going well for me- it is busy. I haven't had too much time to sit during the day at work and have noticed a slight bit of swelling over this past week. Jonathan has his interview for his advanced training on Monday. We should know something maybe even that day. This weekend I'm going to a seminar to help study for my boards, and Jonathan is going to a class for first time dads on Saturday. Next week is sort of tame during the week, but then Friday afternoon we head back to Richmond for our baby shower and some time with both sides of the family. This past Monday we started our birthing class. We really liked the instructor and the other members of the class. We are all first time parents so it's interesting to hear other concerns or things that have been happening to other ladies. The birthing rooms are really nice- all with a jaccuzi or garden tub, DVD/CD player, TV, and internet connection.

Stay tuned for more- hopefully very soon.

Love to you all

Jonathan, Leslie and JMD :)

No comments: