Friday, April 17, 2009

36 Week Update- April 17, 2009

So we went to the doctor today for a routinely scheduled ultrasound and to start my weekly visits. He wasn't overly cooperative for nice pictures, but at least he was head down and everything was in order :) No dilation yet...which is fine. They said my fluid was a little low so I need to go back on thursday to get another ultrasound to monitor the fluid supply. Hopefully he'll be in a better position so we can get some better pictures!

We told the OB that I started on insulin this past Monday and she said that my hormones would be leveling out really soon and not to worry. She said everything with the baby looked great, but asked us to go to the hospital immediately when we were done with her, so the baby and I could have a NST, non-stress test. Even though she did assure us that she was not worried about anything, it really made me scared and nervous. I think what made me more concerned was that she wanted me to have one immediately and then again on Monday. (Once a pregnant lady starts on insulin, it throws everything off). Jonathan heard her more clearly and was very calm throughout the entire process. We went to the hospital and everything seemed to be going well. His heartbeat was steady and fast. I was also hooked up and saw that I was having several Braxton Hicks, although I couldn't feel anything (which I guess is a good thing!) So I have to go back on Monday and get another one. They told me I should expect to get one every week until I deliver. As of right now, we don't need to talk about being induced or anything...we will just have to see.

Now on to something more interesting. during our ultrasound, they were able to do a guess of his weight- as of right now, they estimate him to be about 7lbs 3oz. They also took some measurements of some body parts (that is how they came to the conclusion of his weight). Keep in mind that today I'm 36 weeks. Initially, the first measurement of his head circumference meansured at 41 weeks...she did a second one and it said 39 weeks. Overall, the ultrasound measured him to be ahead- about 38 weeks. We will have to see what is happening next week.

Please keep praying for us. Working through the diabetes has been difficult, but a good thing for us. Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments: