Monday, August 24, 2009

Jon's First Visit Home



Jonathan came back to Charlotte on Saturday morning. His flight got delayed; which put him back in at 2am, instead of 1. Joey was a total trooper, getting up with me and going to pick up his Daddy!!!! Got home and we all went immediately to sleep- only to wake up a few hours later (literally) for Joey's morning feeding. Joey was very attentive to his Daddy's voice and recognized him right away. One of the sweetest moments for me as a mom was listening to my son talk to his Dad. They continue to talk every night when Jonathan is off from school. And I know Jonathan loves it too. Anyway. The three of us spent all day together on Saturday. While Joey napped, Jonathan and I played some of our new Wii!!!!! That thing is so much fun! We were really able to relax and have some very much needed family time.

Sunday morning we went to our church and then up to Winston. Jonathan's brother, Adam, was being ordained and it was such a special time, since we were all there together. Mom and Dad Drake and all the boys were together. Jon's grandparents, aunts, uncles, and several cousins were able to be there. The ceremony was great- hardly a dry eye in the place. We came back to Charlotte that night, hoping for a good nights rest, but morning came too quickly. We had to get up at 3:50, in order for Jonathan to be ready for the cab to pick him up to head to the airport.

All of our friends and familly have been a great encouragement to us. Got word today that my boss is ok with me leaving 2 Fridays a month a little bit early in order for Joey and I to get down to Tampa at a decent time (we will be meeting Jonathan at his parents' house in Tampa!!). This is such a blessing. We decided that 5 weeks is just too long to go without seeing each other, so our goal is just about every other weekend! God has been blessing us left and right- my boss was able to work it out so it is feasable from a work stand point to be able to head down!

Major prayer requests for this week: I'm still trying to study to take my boards hopefully in November!!! Jon is working hard down and studying some intense info in Florida. And a praise is that Joey growing like a WEED. He is just under 17lbs!!!

My boys

my buddy

chilling with Daddy

blue eyes

playing with daddy
cool dude
Me and my boys

No comments: