Thursday, December 18, 2008

Meeting Baby Drake...again:)

Today we went to the doctor for our anatomy scan of the baby. Everything looked GREAT! The baby looks twice as large as it did two months ago! We had our ultrasound first, the tech was the same as before. The baby didn't move TOO much during the ultrasound...the tech had a hard time getting a really good picture of his face. This time, he looked more like a Halloween ghost than an alien. that's right- we said HE!!!!!! That was one thing he was not bashful about making sure we had no doubts that it was a boy. Now, some of you may be wondering why we changed out mind about finding out the sex. I will admit that I was the one who changed my mind. Jonathan wanted to know from the start but was a good sport in going along. But I could not help myself. I'm actually really glad that we found out. anyway. Back to the baby. They said that I'm two days ahead of schedule (which I love :), so technically I'm 19 weeks,1 day. The little man weighs about 9 inches, and since he was so curled up, they couldn't get a definite height, but estimate it it be about 6-7 inches. They looked for any abnormalities in the brain, spine, and extremeties, and praise the Lord, everything looked great! Mommy (I guess I should get used to calling myself that) is doing just fine. I'm healthy, feeling pretty good. My weight gain is good. The doctor we met with today, Dr. Finlond, and he seemed very happy with baby and mommy's progress!!!! There are several people at work who have been sickly so pray that neither (myself or Jonathan) get sick!
We leave tomorrow to go to the beach to see my parents- we haven't seen them in about 3 months. I can barely wait until we get there!!! We will be there until Monday afternoon. This is our time with them for Christmas. We are so excited!!!!! Jonathan is off of school all next week (to be catching up on much missed XBOX) and I have to work Tuesday all and until 3 on Christmas Eve. We will be going to Winston Salem for the night to spend the inital part of the holiday with them. Then off to Johnson City TN to see Fudge, Ali and Mark and JEFF!!!!! I haven't seen Jeff since his graduation in May and I'm beyond excited to be able to spend some time with him. The only family member I'm not going to be able to see is my Lindsey. It will not be the same without her. I am desperate to see her- as it's been almost 8 months since I've laid eyes on her and Jason. Hopefully Lindsey (maybe Jason, too) will be able to come to Charlotte in early spring for a shower. But I can barely wait until then!!!!

We wish all of you, our loyal followers:) a very wonderful Christmas. As we start to prepare for the birth of our son in a few months, please remember the birth of another little boy 2000 years ago. His life saved our souls to spend eternity with Him!!!
Here are a few photos from the session today!!!!!



there is a little white arrow pointing to the middle- DEFINITELY A BOY!!!!


Here is a shot of the little man's ear, head and arms






This may be one of my favorite shots, he crossed his ankles while we were watching!
It was so magical!
Love to you all!
Jonathan, Leslie and little man Drake

1 comment:

david & ali said...

Wow, cool pictures!! :) I'm so excited that you're having a boy :) Mark is (well, he will be!) excited too! I'll be hand-delivering a few containers of clothes probably sometime in March :) Can't wait to see you in a few days!! Congrats on the "bloodline" :)